Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 21, 2005

    Teresa Says "Say what?"

    I recently took a look at the quotes I have scotch-taped over my desk so I thought I'd share. I'm not sure what they reveal about me and if you figure it out, I'd probably rather not know.

    "Whatever anyone else thinks about me is none of my business." "Take the action and let go of the results." Michael J. Fox

    "And granted, I am blond and I am talented and thus the world feels like they should pay me a lot. And I am damn thankful." (I thought this one was particularly hilarious.) Jewel

    THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT - Me

    JUST SHUT UP AND TELL THE STORY - Me

    "If I only write for myself and the girls in the basement, and never think about anybody else, it's as much fun as making my collages or painting my living room walls the color of a pumpkin--who cares? It's mine and I did it my way, and if you don't like it, there's the door." Barbara Samuel

    "He had never before thought of trying to improve his playing, but now it seemed worthwhile to go at every tune as if all within earshot had been recently set afire." Charles Frazier/COLD MOUNTAIN

    "Success is nothing more than getting up one more time than you fall down." Author Unknown

    "Often the creative life is slowed or stopped because something in the psyche has a very low opinion of us, and we are down there groveling at its feet instead of bopping it over the head and running for freedom." Clarissa Pinkola Estes

    "There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action; and because there is only one of you in all time, that expression is unique. If you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. You must keep that channel open. It is not for you to determine how good it is, nor how valuable. Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is for you to keep it yours, clearly and directly." Martha Graham, Dancer

    "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau

    "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." Leonard Cohen, ANTHEM

    "I don't have anything left." "Just give 'em what you got." FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME

    And my personal favorite, sent to me by my dear friend Elizabeth Bevarly: STOP WHINING AND PLOT REVENGE!